Fire Domestic at Dallimore Mead, Nunney

  Posted: 29.06.18 at 15:19 by The Editor

us on Facebook




Date: 29.06.2018
Time: 13:52
Location: Dallimore Mead, Nunney

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service received a call from a concerned neighbour reporting a smoke alarm sounding and a smell of burning at the above location.

Fire control immediately mobilised one fire appliance from Frome, One fire appliance from Shepton Mallet, One fire appliance from Warminster and a duty officer to attend this incident.

On arrival the officer in charge confirmed smoke logging in the property and the smoke detector sounding. Crews got to working gaining access with two breathing apparatus and one rose reel jet.

The crews confirmed the fire was involving unattended cooking on the hob in the kitchen. The contents of the pan was severely damaged by fire and the kitchen slightly damaged by smoke. The rest of the property was ten percent damaged by the smoke. Crews got to work using a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear the smoke in the property.

The cause of the fire was believed to be accidental.

For further details on cooking and kitchen safety press click on the link below:

http://www.dsfire.gov.uk/YourSafety/SafetyInTheHome/SafetyInTheKitchen/documents/KitchenCookingSafety_screen.pdf

Added on 29 June 2018 at 14:49 There is 1 related update to this story 29 Jun J...
Read more...


Share: