Frome Times Past: A matter of convenience - The Frome Guardhouse

  Posted: 22.05.18 at 09:19 by The Editor

us on Facebook




Until 1857, anyone caught breaking the law, being drunk and disorderly or generally making a nuisance of themselves in Frome ended up in one of two lock-ups. ?The blind house was, and incredibly still is, situated in the south-east corner of St John’s Churchyard and despite its 1798 datestone, may have been built even earlier. […]

Next Frome news item...

Students unveil huge art project

RESIDENT artist, Bessie Bidder alongside students from Steiner Academy, unveiled, to family and friends, 14 enormous felt pictures that they have been...
Read more...


Share: